1. To gain a basic understanding of principles of management including planning, organizing and controlling.
2. To gain a basic understanding of concepts for managing people including human resources, motivation, leading, and communications.
3. To improve your ability to examine managerial issues and problems and to develop feasible alternatives that can result in better decision-making.
4. To develop an awareness of multiple approaches that can be used to resolve managerial issues and problems.
5. To examine and discuss the ethical issues involved in management decision making.