Credentials Eligible for Ceritificated Learning
Course Research Protocol
How to Recognize College-Level Learning
- How can you look at your own learning and decide whether or not it is college-level? Here are a few tips for recognizing college-level learning in accordance with CAEL's standards and New College guidelines.
Writing the Request Form
- For some students the hardest part of the request form is responding to Question 1 with a properly written competency statement. Inside this folder you'll find a flow chart for writing competency statements according to New College requirements as well as some examples.
Writing the Learning Essay
- For use with Module 7. Check here for Learning Essay guidelines.
Because PLA portfolios in New College require a uniform template, skip over section 2 (adding categories) and section 4 (presentation style) in the User's Reference Guide.
When building your portfolio, choose the template named for the current semester. This is VERY important.
Pay particular attention to the two different kinds of reviewers. For now, please make me an Affiliated Reviewer by selecting my name from the list inside iWebfolio. We will not use the Custom Reviewer until the class is over and it is time to submit your portfolio to the faculty for actual assessment.
Portfolio Assessment Checklist
- This is the same checklist that appears in the self-assessment area of module 8, but I wanted to make it available here and in the "Forms" folder as well. Sometimes it is helpful to have a map to see where you're going even if all the landmarks don't quite make sense yet.
Portfolio: Getting to the Finish Line
Gina J. Hiatt, Ph.D. is a clinical psychologist and skilled dissertation coach ... with over 25 years of experience helping people realize their goals. She knows how tough it is to maintain excellence or even momentum when juggling writing, teaching, research and the many other demands of academic life (Academic Ladder).
Dr. Hiatt's tips are not just for doctoral candidates completing dissertations. THEY CAN HELP YOU STAY ON TRACK WITH YOUR MASTER PLAN, ESPECIALLY WITH PORTFOLIO, AND MOST ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE A LOT OF PORTFOLIO WORK TO DO.
- Read this file, print it out, and post it where you will see it every day!